Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankfull for Friends 11-4-12



Lately I'm very thankful for good friends, both in Nicaragua and Blanding. While I've been here many friends have went out of their way to get in contact with me, I had a stack of cards on my birthday, Have had Skype calls, and MANY MANY MANY emails. I am so very excited that me and my friends have stayed in touch.

I am also very excited that I have made friends in Nicaragua. I have a good friend, xohchi, at school.  She has helped me several times at school to understand what the homework was, she speaks a little English and wants to learn more so we have been able to help each other, she even convinced the teacher that I didn't need to see the dentist the day he came to the school (very thankful for that).  Then there's Molly, a friend of mine who if fluent in both English and Spanish (as well as Italian). Molly has been a huge help always interpreting for me and introducing me to her friends. Also letting the school coach know that I played volleyball. So I was able to play in an FSLN tournament (it was a blast).  We've spent lots of time together on the weekends, playing volleyball, swimming and having a great time together, I don't know what I would have done without her.   I have had a great time down here. Friends have made it even that much better.

0 comments: